Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One big snack treat we only have once in a while...

I was looking through my recipes on my computer and thought I'd include this:

Safe to eat - Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Yield: 12 servings


1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/8 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Cream butter, and sugars together.
2. Blend in milk and vanilla.
3. Add flour and salt and mix well.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value): Calories 210kcal; Protein 2g (4%); Total Fat 9g (14%)(Sat. 5g (27%)); Chol. 11mg (4%); Carb. 30g (10%); Fiber 2g (6%); Sugars 19g; Calcium 18mg (2%); Iron 1mg (7%)
----------


I know...This is dessert and if you are pregnant and if you have sworn off eating anything with raw eggs, this is surely delightful, but certainly not something you should often. However, now that I look at the Nutritional Facts from my software, this is NOT that much worse than the Bisquick Muffins. So, what the heck. On Fat Tuesday, I might let the kids have this for breakfast instead. Or maybe not. You'll just have to tune in and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment