Saturday, January 17, 2009

For Julie - Chocolate Chip Muffins

I promised this recipe to Julie weeks ago. I hate to admit it, but I use a Bisquick version more often than this one. But when I have milled fresh soft whole wheat, I'll make these.
Here it is:

Chocolate Chip Muffins
from: The Glycemic Revolution Life Plan with my modifications

2 c. sifted whole wheat pastry flour that has soaked overnight in 1 c. buttermilk, covered with plastic wrap
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/3 c. dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1 c. chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil or spray 12 muffin tray. Mix together all ingredients. Spoon by scant 1/4 c. full into muffin tray. Bake 25 minute or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment