Oatmeal Flaxseed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 34 servings of 1 Cookie
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons sunbutter (you can use peanut butter)
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2-4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat butter, sunbutter, and brown sugar well.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6. Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7. Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8. Stir in oats and chips.
9. Scoop onto baking sheet using a large sized Pampered Chef scoop (less than an ice cream scoop). Press down to flatten. They do not spread.
10. Bake for 12 minutes.
11. Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
Nutritional facts per serving (daily value): Calories 152kcal; Protein 3g (7%); Total Fat 7g (10%)(Sat. 3g (16%)); Chol. 20mg (7%); Carb. 20g (7%); Fiber 2g (6%); Sugars 9g; Calcium 15mg (1%); Iron 1mg (6%)