Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day Weigh-In Results: 2.5lbs this week, 5lb total

I've had another good week!  I haven't added any more rules.  Just eating only when hungry.  I did eat a little more today than I should have.  But, I will wait for the tummy growl before I eat again, which will be tomorrow, I'm sure.  We had home made pizza for dinner and I should not have finished the slice.

I am tempted to try Coke Zero.  I haven't had a Diet Coke for 8 months.  I went cold turkey from a 6 can a day habit.  I'm looking for more drink options.  I have a bad habit of going for a cup of "cappuccino" mix, which is 70 calories a cup.  Not horrible, but I can't drink black coffee.  I really, really don't enjoy it.  I haven't done a lot of research on Splenda, so I will do that before I try Coke Zero.

Saturday we go for our family Thanksgiving, one state away.  The good news is that there isn't much I will want to eat there.  I'm choosing to be choosier these days and make choices to eat only food that tastes good and that I crave rather than just eating to satisfy a mood.  I am also not making the food behave.  I am behaving by portion control.  I have had two small McFrappe's this week and a bag of M&M's.  I also enjoyed half of a rosemary olive oil Bruegger's Bagel slathered with cream cheese.  The key was eating only half.  Half was enough for me.  The one year old enjoyed the rest of it. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it is time to explore the world of tea! Or you can figure out how to fit coffee with cream and sugar into your weekly indulgences. There can be room for any kind of "real food" in a healthy lifestyle...

    I have to get a real Coke once in a while myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a hard time finding a tea I like unsweetened. I did have some Good Earth that seemed sweet without sweetener. I'll have to give that a try. I was wrong about the Coke Zero. It has aspartame in it, so I decided not to try it...just a marketing ploy to get young men to drink it (they don't like to drink diet drinks, apparently). I had some splenda this weekend and got a headache from it, so I'll have to stick with agave nectar or real sugar, I guess.

    ReplyDelete