Kaisers Schmarren tanslates loosely to "Emperors Pain". Its name comes from the stories of how Franz Joseph, the Emperor of Austria-Hungary, would emit groans of pleasure when he ate this pancake like dish. Oooooooo, Ummmmmmmm, Ahhhhhhh! At any rate, it is a very good dish for a meatless Fridays. It is usually served with a side dish of fresh fruit or cooked fruit like plums, cherries or peaches. Apple sauce is great, too!
- Whisk together ingredients.
- Pour into a greased non-stick pan.
- Cook on stove top on medium heat.
- Stir periodically like you are scrambling eggs.
- Cook until cooked through and/or lightly browned.
- Serve with favorite syrup or honey.