Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thinking out loud...

As I plan to fill the new freezer, I'm faced with actually having to organize because I will have 3 freezers and without some "plan", I will be sending children to three different freezers looking for things. I have the freezer on the side-by-side in the kitchen and another 5 cu. ft. freezer in the garage (right off the kitchen).

Right now, my thoughts are to keep frozen veggies and other foods for the "week" in the kitchen fridge. In the 5 cu. ft., I'll keep prepared items (meals, baked goods, etc.) and in the new freezer I will keep bulk items like meats, milled wheat, frozen veggies that I buy in bulk or frozen from fresh.

So far, the things I'm planning to make ahead are:
Spaghetti Sauce
Marinated Flank Steak
Bulgogi
Honey Oatmeal Break
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Mini-pizza crusts made from ABI5MAD Olive Oil Dough
Lactation Cookies
Beef Stew less veggies
Beef Stroganoff
Marinated Chicken breasts
Cooked chicken (for other recipes)

I'll be updating this as I think of more...

No comments:

Post a Comment