Friday, May 15, 2009

Crock pot Bulgogi

This is Little Princesses' favorite:

Bulgogi (crockpot)

Category: Beef|Korean|World Cuisine
Yield: 4 servings

4tbs. soy sauce
2tsp. sesame oil
2tbs. sugar
1/2tsp. black pepper
1clove garlic-chopped
1 1/2 pounds sirloin tips or strips

DIRECTIONS

Mix the marinade ingredients (all but the beef) and add to the meat. Cover & marinade at least 2 hours. I recommend overnight. Pour mixture in crock pot, make extra batch of marinade & add extra marinade in crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I find some meats cook up rubbery in the crock pot....sirloin strip have worked well in the crock pot. For large group I buy a roast & have it shaved...they hate doing it at the grocery store, but will if you give them notice. I have used eye of the round roasts & bottom of the round roasts...if it's shaved it comes out great in the crock pot. I pretty much experiment with different cuts of meat, to see what works best I hope this helps.

----------

2 comments:

  1. I made this for dinner last night! When I mixed it up with the marinade in the crockpot, I had second thoughts about not putting it on the grill!

    Very tasty, though. I used a sirloin tip roast I happened to have in the freezer, which I partially defrosted and sliced thin. Not rubbery at all, very tender.

    We made lo mein out of the leftovers with great success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it...it's a favorite here and you COULD have gone to the grill with it! Lo mein with the leftovers...mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete